Sunday, January 3, 2016

Beginning 2016 Mediocre-ly

So it's the third day of the year. The end of the third day of the year. I planned on writing on the first. I'm not that late. Just doing things mediocre-ly, I suppose.

I've been busy enjoying the last few days of the kids' Christmas break, cleaning the house and making goals for this new year. The husband has financial and career goals. I mostly have fitness and motivational goals. Mediocre goals, of course. 

My main goal for 2016 is, of course, running related. My last half marathon of 2015 was a PR, 2:05:39.  In the pouring rain.  Just two weeks after a PR time of 2:05:50.  And then I wound up with a (self-diagnosed) stress fracture and ran just 17 miles in the month of December.  So my 2016 running goal is to run a half in under 2 hours.

I ran 3 miles on the 1st:
in my newest Mizuno Wave Riders:
and the blue shirt my 3 year old announced that she had bought for me for Christmas approximately three weeks before it was Christmas.

I ran 3 miles on the 2nd also (it was a little windier):
It's finally getting cold enough to wear some of the awesome new winter running shirts I bought, even if I did have to wear them with shorts.  After the run I had planned on going in the gym to lift some weights (another one of my goals this year- making that a more regular occurrence), but in typical Jan-Feb form, the gym was packed. The American Red Cross blood-mobile in the parking lot was not packed, though.
Donating blood probably must help you lose a few calories too, right!?  And then I came home with a new shirt and a fancy red bandage, so that was cool.
Today I actually did get the weights done.  I'm hoping to ease back into higher mileage running.  My next half will be in March or April (still undecided).  In a perfect world, I'd run my under two hour goal then, since it looks like we'll be moving to a tropical island this summer and the warmer temps are going to take some getting used to.  I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment